Saturday, June 7, 2008

Illegal Bus Operator

On 6th June 2008, after working I rushed to Pudu to catch a bus back to Ipoh. I did not buy a ticket earlier since it was not a planned trip.


I was really shock that the extra bus price has risen up to RM30 per ticket. According to the ticket seller, it was due to extra bus and increase in fuel price. They even arrogantly said that if I did not buy, other people will buy. It is like a daylight robbery!


A normal KL-Ipoh bus ticket costs only RM13.40. Extra bus will be RM15~RM18. RM30 is the highest price I experienced, which result in 123.88% price up compared to normal price.



We walked from Pudu to the front of Bursa Malaysia building to catch the bus, and waited there for around 40minutes for the bus to come and set out.



2 buses (max 44 peoples per bus) then arrived, one is yellow school bus(WMS7577), and another is blue factory bus(WGH4508). I am pretty sure it is illegal for these buses to operate as express buses.


The agent collected back the ticket issued when we were inside the bus to destroy the evidence.

I was very disappointed that the related parties do not take action to control this menace. There is a police booth inside Pudu but no action has been taken.


Our life has been tough since the increase in fuel and food prices. I have been in KL for the past 5 years, everytime if I did not buy ticket earlier I would end up being paying more for the ticket. But yesterday was the worst experience for me. I think our public transportation is at the critical stage and something has to be done to save it.




No comments: